Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Code Friday @ Neverland KL

As stated in one of my recent posts here, Pernod Ricard Malaysia launched its corporate social responsibility programme, ‘Be In Control. If You Drink, Don’t Drive’ on 30th September (last Friday) at Neverland KL. In case you haven’t heard of it, Neverland is a new club yet to be opened located right behind Borneo Baruk Club. A pretty cool place even from the outside!

Photobucket

Upon arrival, we were given a glass each to sign our names on.

Photobucket

Don’t play play, have to adopt responsible drinking once you sign on it! Teehee.

Photobucket

Oh well, not that I own a car. So I’m probably the most responsible drinker before I even sign on it! Placing my pretty glass on the stage together with the others’.

Photobucket

The interesting part of this event was that most of the guests were wearing the same white statement tee. Apparently Pernod Ricard hired a team of creative artists from paintlust.net to customize our names on the t-shirts!

Photobucket

Copykate is in control! XD

Photobucket

The Managing Director of Pernod Ricard, CK Tan giving a speech on the importance of responsible drinking. Code Friday would not just end on that day itself, as there will be activities every Friday over the next few months to encourage consumers to pledge to ‘Be In Control. If You Drink, Don’t Drive’.

Photobucket

Representatives from various clubs.

Photobucket

There were some really meaningful performances and short videos that highlighted the consequences of drink and drive based on true-life encounters called ‘Wish You Were Here’ :(

Photobucket

Fellow bloggers, Michelle, Isabella and Tim.

Photobucket

A variety of yummy finger food from La Bodega, most of which I can’t name. I like the juicy fruit tart especially but it’s not in the photo T.T

Photobucket

Bumped into Natlely who happened to be on her policewoman duty.

Photobucket

She locked me up in the jail for having too much to drink! Wtfreak :(

Photobucket

What I learnt from Serena Vanderwoodsen, must look glam in mug shot! LOL.

Photobucket

Submitted my pledge at www.beincontrol.org.my

Photobucket

I was No. 72 who pledged on the official website! How about you?

Photobucket

Click here to visit the official website of the campaign and most importantly, to submit your pledge!

‘Be In Control. If You Drink, Don’t Drive’.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I drink Chatime and drive? :P

Copykate said...

Joshua: you can drink as much Chatime as you want, just make sure you don't pee in the car when you're stuck in the jam! Teehee