Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ramadhan Buffet @ JW Marriott Poolside

To be honest I had never been to any hotel Ramadhan buffet, not until recently. Yes I do eat Malay dishes especially during Raya season, but those are usually at friends’ place. Wanted to visit this Ramadhan bazaar at Kelana Jaya after reading KY’s blog, but someone said he wanted to eat at a hotel where he could sit down and slowly enjoy his food without having to sweat at the bazaar. So we made reservation at JW Marriott.

Photobucket

Yerrr so close to getting table no. 24 which is the birthday we both share but then he said it's good we didn't because 24 = 饿死 (e si in Chinese) which means starved to death -.-

Chose this hotel for their poolside dining. Buffets are not supposed to be romantic but still, I prefer to dine at the poolside rather than an air-conditioned dining hall.

Photobucket

Didn’t know how people dress for buka puasa buffet so I put on the most decent dress I have. Teehee. Nola just kidding, I have another long sleeves dress which is way more decent, makes me look like an uptight impenetrable virgin wtf but since we would be at outdoor, I decided to wear this floral maxi instead.

Photobucket

Different stalls down the walkway serving a variety of dishes.

Photobucket

Fishes.

Photobucket

Kuih-muih.

Photobucket

My favourite dish that night was the roasted lamb! Served with black pepper sauce, mint sauce and mustard.

Photobucket

Ulam-ulaman which I don’t eat.

Photobucket

The main dishes including ayam masak merah, ayam percik, ayam rendang, sambal prawn with petai, curry mutton etc.

Photobucket

My serving of main dishes. Took a little bit of everything. Personally prefer the mutton. Ayam percik and rendang was quite good also.

Photobucket

Tomyam soup with seafood was nice but somehow I still prefer the one at the mamak outside my house. Maybe I don’t have an expensive taste HAHA.

Photobucket

Satay is a must-have there! Love the beef satay especially! So good I went back and get 8 more sticks. They’re bigger than those satay selling outside. Teehee.

Photobucket

The fish was quite yucky. The cencaru was just hard and tasteless whereas the pari made me a bit jelak after a few bites. It was too big I guess. When you order pari, always go for the small ones with softer texture.

Photobucket

This plate consists of beef cooked in different ways. Can’t name them cause I wasn’t the one who took these, but they all tasted quite okay.

Photobucket

We were already quite full when we helped ourselves to this serving of laksa.

Photobucket

Murtabak and roti jala.

Photobucket

Some fried stuff but wasn't crunchy and the oil used wasn't very fresh.

Photobucket

I look good in this photo but the plate of half-eaten food was damn disgusting la. LOL.

Photobucket

No matter how full you are, there’s always enough space for dessert!

Photobucket

ABC shaved ice.

Photobucket

Coconut milk sago.

Photobucket

Cendol.

Photobucket

Fruits! Bad bad habit eating fruits after meal T_T

Photobucket

Overall I would say the food was so so, not exactly fantastic. But the poolside atmosphere is definitely a bonus point. The buffet price here is cheaper compared to other hotels. The only setback is they only serve local dishes but no international cuisines. That means they don’t serve sashimi! :(

Photobucket

Okay idk what was that constipation face for wtf. It was a test shot.

The price for Ramadhan buffet at JW Marriott is RM60++ for Level 4 conference room and RM70++ for Level 6 pool side.

Make your reservation with bukapuasa@ytlhotels.com.my or call 03-27198666.

4 comments:

JunJun-Riko said...

24 also means "easily die" in cantonese. XD

Copykate said...

Jun: omgosh now that you mentioned it! dammit :(

bacterium said...

and you look so aunty in these pics. i didn't expect it to be so soon.

Copykate said...

bacterium: nooooooooooooooo! must be the dress :(