Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Universal Studio Singapore


Finally fulfilled my long-awaited visit to Universal Studio Singapore!!!

We bought our tickets online cheaper by Mastercard promotion so instead of SGD74, we paid SGD60 for USS Theme Park and The Maritime Experiential Museum which we didn’t intend to go. The promotion must have ended by November but you can click here to see if there’s any other deal going on.

If it’s your first visit to Universal Studio, I suggest you reach there as early as 10am just so you can try as many rides as possible. Be there early to avoid the long queue. Or if you don’t want to queue at all, you can pay an additional SGD30 to get the express pass. Too kiam siap to pay so we bought the normal tickets instead XD

Photobucket

Despite it being a weekday, it was school holiday in Singapore so the whole theme park was crowded with both locals and tourists.  There are plenty of Malaysians too.

Photobucket

Jess and I and half of the globe. Proper photos are in her camera T_T

We prayed for good weather but unfortunately it was already drizzling when we arrived. Dammit, I expected it to rain in the evening. Rainy day, wet grounds, dirty shoes, annoyed me :(

USS is divided into 7 zones: Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt, The Lost World, Far Far Away and Madagascar which we visited according to the order.

Photobucket

Thank goodness certain parts of the theme park are covered with roof so we could have some photo snapping time without getting drenched.

It was a great feeling walking on the streets surrounded by neon signboards and brightly-lit fake shops pretending that I’m in Hollywood or something. Just had to ignore the uncool tourists around me who are the least resemblance of Hollywood stars (myself included wtf).

Photobucket

Photobucket

LAPD, just like what we see in movies.


Photobucket

New York Public Library. I love awesome buildings like this! Wanted to pretend that I was at the real Public Library but darn there's this annoying Shrek poster!


Photobucket

Refused to follow Jess’s advice and wore my Topshop leather shoes instead of flip-flops. My poor soles were soaking wet throughout the visit :(


Photobucket

The first thing we went was Steven Spielberg’s Lights, Camera, Action live sound stage. At first we thought there wasn’t any queue and we didn’t have to wait, but turned out the queue was deep inside the building. Had to walk a distance before reaching the real entrance.

Thank God we didn’t give up queuing because the demo was impressive! I mean like really really whoa! When it was our turn, together with many other spectators, we were directed into a room with wooden platform. Jess and I were standing right in front where the barricade separated us from the pool of water. For the next few minutes, we witnessed the impact of hurricane! We saw, heard and felt the wind, the flood, the waves, the thunder, the fire, the shaking etc! They brought out a really huge ship. Towards the end, I even shouted in shock when the platform moved downward! Don’t ever miss this show when you visit USS!


Photobucket

Lookie, it’s Sesame Street!


Photobucket

I love Big Bird especially after the videos in response to Mitt Romney! The vulgar version of Big Bird XD


Photobucket

Jess was so obsessed with Cookie Monster! I had to take like 10 shots of her and Cookie Monster before she was satisfied wtf. Didn’t take any photo with the life size mascot though cause she thought it looked ugly.


Photobucket

Entering the Sci-fi City.


Photobucket

Wanted to try out Transformers’ ride but the waiting time was 50 minutes so we went for Battlestar Galactica ride first. But when we were done, the waiting time for Transformers became 80 minutes! Tskkkk.


Photobucket

The Galactica ride was fantastic! I used to close my eyes all the time during scary rides. But this time I made sure my eyes were open. Was shouting in joy the whole time and even swore like nobody’s business. Totally oblivious at the fact that there were kids around me wtf. I felt alright during all the twist, turn and drop but when the ride came to a halt, that was when I started feeling sick. Felt so nauseous as if something was forcing out of my throat. Then I decided I didn’t want anymore rides :(


Photobucket

The Egypt zone. Entered the entrance to the ride but chickened out because it was dark and creepy inside. Was kinda worried a mummy would appear out of nowhere and catch me -.-


Photobucket

The Jurassic Park ride seems fun but we didn’t want to get wet.

I know at this point you would probably be sneering thinking what’s the point of going to USS when I didn’t even take those rides??? May I use time constraint as my excuse? I didn’t intend to try everything to make my ticket worthwhile though. Just wanted to be there so I could shoot some lovely photos. Sounds legit?


Photobucket

Had a hotdog for lunch and it costs SGD8.80. Wouldn’t be able to swallow it if I tried to convert.


Photobucket

By then I was still feeling sick from the ride. Had to drink a big cup of ice milo in order to get rid of that nauseating feel.


Photobucket

After lunch, we proceeded to Far Far Away!


Photobucket

Queued up to watch Shrek 4D! Read about it on their website and I’m glad we didn’t miss it!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Some paintings along the castle hallway.


Photobucket

We were entertained by Pinocchio at the waiting room, after which we were brought into a large theater for the show.


Photobucket

It was the most amazing movie experience for me! The show lasted for about 15-20 minutes. Apart from the usual 3D effect, we could even feel the action from our seats! For example, there was water spraying from the seats when the donkey sneezed! The seats also bounced when the horses galloped! The most memorable part for me was when the spiders appeared on the screen and we felt it right on our feet! Got the shock of my life and screamed so loudly! FML.

Trust me, you wouldn’t want to miss Shrek 4D!!!


Photobucket

Princess Fiona’s magnificent castle ^^


Photobucket

The rain had finally stopped. It was a glorious day with the sun shining at the beautiful castle.


Photobucket

Found this Ogre signboard at the Madagascar zone.


Photobucket

We were just on time to watch the Boogie dance. They looked just like in the movie! The giraffe was missing though.


Photobucket

Happy family portrait. Teehee.


Photobucket

Yum yum Churros.


Photobucket

Passed by Hollywood Boulevard again while heading back and saw these harmonizing boys singing. They were really cute and gay XD


Photobucket

Guess what, these are ice-cream! It’s like eating biji-biji polystyrenes that melt in your mouth.


Photobucket

Bubblegum ice-cream and Jess’s watching fingernails.

Cheat one lo I expected bubblegum ice-cream to be pink so it would match my nails! Ugh.


Photobucket

That sums up my visit to Universal Studio Singapore. It was a tiring day but we had so much fun nonetheless! The music and atmosphere got me thinking that everyday is a carefree holiday~

1 comment:

Travel Delight said...

Universal Studios Singapore is a not to be missed tourist attraction in Singapore!