Friday, August 16, 2013

Human Trafficking and Douche

The other day I watched a movie Human Trafficking online. It’s about. . well, human trafficking. Stories about how an organization abducted girls (Russian mainly) to sell them as sex slaves. It’s a sad movie with tragic ending. True story that’s happening in the world right now, although not so common in Malaysia since the major crime here is robbery.

The movie made me realized how dangerous it was to go on date with someone you barely know, to travel for a job under a so-called modeling agency or to even wander around the night market. There’s a possibility of being targeted by human trafficker before you even realized. And by the time you realize they would have already gotten your passport in custody, all your personal details including where your family lives which could then be used to threaten you if you ever try to escape.


Soon after the movie I jokingly whatsapp someone I met online about how he could have been a human trafficker who wanted to prey on me. Of course I didn’t actually think of him as a human trafficker or illegal immigrant of any sort lah. We had already met in real life for a few times and I had done some research on his company and job position etc. If I really thought he was a threat I wouldn’t have made it a joke to him right?!



It was a stupid joke I made out of boredom. Then he had to go all the way out to clarify for himself. Can’t take a joke one ah??? What stock exchange and regulatory approval?? Do I look like I care? *rolls eyes*



As if it wasn’t bad enough that he couldn’t take a joke, he had to drag my friends, none of whom he knows anything of into his stupid argument. I only said he might be a human trafficker when I decided to meet him as a stranger. Is there a need to say that my other friends are more dangerous since they would run into financial difficulties, become desperate, then come kidnap and sell me?!!!


First of all, why makes him think that my friends would run into financial difficulties? Just because he is rich doesn’t mean that everyone else is poor! Even if he’s rich now it doesn’t mean he will be wealthy forever. Who knows he might also lose his job one day and face the crisis himself??

Second of all, why should I think that my friends are more dangerous than him? I have known my friends for years yet I had only known him for like. . what, not even a month virtually? (considering that point of time before we actually met in real life) I’m not saying that I should trust all my friends completely. Maybe some of them bitch about me behind my back (we all do that sometimes), or maybe some of them have sexual fantasy about me or something wtf. But saying that my friends are more dangerous than a stranger online is ridiculous!!!

Thirdly, what’s this theory about my friends kidnapping and selling me??? I haven’t heard of anyone who kidnap their friends just cause they have financial difficulties -.- Our friendships are based on mutual trust and understanding. I love my friends like how I love my family. I just can’t tolerate anyone saying things like that when he doesn’t even know my friends. Does he even know what the term “friends” means?? I suppose not, because this same person does not believe that men and women can be friends because men always have the same intention when they want to hang out with a woman. That’s fcking stupid because I actually do have guy friends okay! And they are real friends! Not a predator like him!

And my point is, was it necessary to drag my friends into this argument in the first place??? Totally stupid making such a comparison.


“A joke from someone surrounded by Malaysians”

WHAT THE FUCK??? Just because he’s a foreigner does not mean he is superior above Malaysians!!!



At that point of receiving his reply I was fcking fuming with rage! I didn’t want that arrogant prick to think any less of me though so I calmly replied politely hoping that he would get my point.


But he wouldn’t stop telling me about the difference between him and “the locals”!

“Find out I am safe within 2 minutes of using internet”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Is this a joke?

So whatever that exists in the Internet I should believe lah???

My name is Kate Lee on Facebook but that doesn’t mean I’m born with that name. Search me up on the Malaysian citizen date, or whatever you call it and you wouldn’t be able to track me.

For all I know he could have had a fake LinkedIn and Facebook profile. It’s not like there was a lot of personal details or photos of him online after all.

(But unlike him I have a blog, so I assure you I am real lah. Teehee)

Fcking pissed off by then so I asked him to shut up since there was seriously no point listening to anymore of his bull crap. I felt like I was wasting my life away making myself so agitated talking to a douchebag.

Of course he wouldn’t shut the fuck up because he thought he was right, I was wrong and that he should educate me about his “logical” thinking.



No more energy to argue so I just ignored him. Then 8 hours later he sent me a text again. Which I obviously ignored since I had already made up my mind not to associate myself with a douche who suffers from superiority complex.

Seriously, if you were I you wouldn’t be angry meh???

Being rich and successful does not give him the right to demean others. You may lose everything one day, but you will never lose your personality. In the end it’s your character that defines who you are.

Enough abut the douche.

Speaking of human trafficking, it reminds me of one time a few years back when I received a job offer from a random agency I had never heard of to become a Super GT girl in Dubai. The offer was tempting but thank god I didn’t go for it lah because it I did I might not even be blogging here right now. LOL. Maybe they brought some pretty Malaysian freelancers there to become a sex slaves. It’s Dubai hello! You know how ladies and foreigners there are being mistreated :(

If the job were so great they would have hired some other popular models instead of calling me desperately. I wonder if any girl were enticed into flying there and how they ended up.

Always sense the danger before you make any decision.


And yea, if you decide to meet strangers online, be prepared for them to turn from a prince charming to a douche -.-

1 comment:

Limz-ToxicWorld said...

how stupid of such theory in his mind!